Monday, December 31, 2007

Great Grandma Estes and Amaya
Lydia's dedication

Lisa, Amaya, and I

Lisa and I at Olive Garden

Jeremiah and Grandpa Freed

Our little family

Adrianna, Nicole, Lydia, Amaya, and I

Adrianna, Sarah "holla!" and I

Lydia and Amaya

Adrianna, Amaya, and Lydia

Grandma Kirmse with Amaya

Grandma Sharon and Amaya

Grandpa Estes and Amaya

Grandma Freed and Amaya

It has been quite a busy week! Last Sunday we had a Christmas brunch at our house with my family. Then the fun began! We have been traveling almost everyday since Christmas Eve. Our first stop was in Topeka to visit Jeremiah's family. We spent Christmas eve and Christmas day with the Estes/Kirmse family and then headed to Indiana on Christmas night. We opened presents with my sister's family on Wednesday night and spent time with the kids. It is so much fun getting together with our families especially now that we have a child of our own.

Thursday morning we woke up early and traveled to Michigan for our annual Freed family Christmas. It was great to see all my family together again since it only happens once a year. Amaya did great and let everyone hold her, I was so proud!

Thursday night we stayed at a hotel with my sisters family and that's when the deadly stomach flu struck my sisters family (to be continued...).

Friday morning we went out for breakfast with my grandpa. I love him so much and having breakfast with gramps has always been a fun tradition. After breakfast we headed to Grand Rapids to visit my best friend and college roommate Lisa! She took us out to Olive Garden and then we went to the mall for a while. I love spending time with her I need to make more excuses to do so:).

Saturday, 3:00am....I got the flu! I was sick for 16 hours straight! It was terrible and not a good way to end my vacation. I basically sat on the couch the whole time while Jeremiah took care of Amaya. It was very difficult for me to not pick my baby up the entire day!

Sunday morning we went to my brother-in-law's new church plant "The River". It was a special day because my niece Lydia was being dedicated. We were so glad that we could be there for it. When we got back to the house we packed up and hit the road. It is so nice to be back!
P.S. I realize that my pictures are all out of order. I still haven't figured out this whole blog thing:).


*Heathluvsing* said...

It looks like a lot of family fun. Sorry to hear about the flu. That must have sucked.

We always say it must be fun to have Christmas when you have kids!

milque toast said...

awwwwwww. i'm so sad i couldn't see you. when i get my private jet there will be no stopping me...we got like 7 inches of snow that day too so prolly wouldnt have been good for me driving. yargh. these pics are so cute.